Self-Publishing Help & Advice
We are here to help!
There are many decisions to be made when self-publishing a book: paper stock, book size, color options—and these are just book specifications! You’ll also have to set up business accounts, obtain ISBNs, choose a distributor, and decide whether to go with print-on-demand (POD) or offset printing. To help you make these decisions, we offer consulting sessions to walk you through the process and help establish the best self-publishing plan to suit your goals.
Your consulting session will be with Kimberly Martin, the owner and founder of Jera Publishing. Kimberly has over fifteen years of experience with self-publishing and has helped numerous authors self-publish their book. Each of the self-publishing sessions lasts between an hour and an hour and a half. They can be held in-person at our office in Roswell, GA, over the phone, or via a video conference call using GoToMeeting.
- provide an overview of the self-publishing process
- review your self-publishing expectations and goals
- discuss the business side of self-publishing
- choose a printer and distributor
- setup your IngramSpark and/or CreateSpace account
- setup your Amazon KDP account
- submit your book’s print-ready files to IngramSpark and/or CreateSpace and your eBook files to KDP