Book Editing Services
About Our Editing Services
So you've finished that manuscript you've been working for so long on. You might be tempted to get it out there as soon as possible, but slow down. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to not have a professional edit your work. When writers read their own work, they tend to read what they meant, rather than what they actually wrote. The writer’s mind fills in the blanks and auto-corrects, which can lead to reader misunderstandings.
We have the experience and expertise to not only ensure that your manuscript is grammatically pristine, but also provide a fresh perspective on your work. Whether you just finished your manuscript or you find yourself stuck in the middle, our editor can work with you in all stages of the writing process.
Not sure how a professional editor can help you? We will be happy to provide a 500 word sample edit of your work so you can get a firsthand look at what kind of things our editor might be able to find.
Take a look below at the different types of editing services we offer.
Types of Editing
Proofreading – this is the basic level of editing meant to polish the writing and maximize readability. With this level, we will:
- Correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and word usage while preserving the meaning and voice of the original text
- Check to make sure there is a consistent style established and improve, if necessary
- Read for overall clarity and sense on behalf of the prospective audience
- Query the client about apparent errors or inconsistencies
Cost: $0.01 per word with a $150 minimum
Comprehensive Editing – this level of editing goes deeper into the structure of your work and can involve help with re-writing, if necessary. Proofreading is also included. With this level, we will:
- Identify AND solve problems of overall clarity or accuracy
- Reorganize paragraphs, sections or chapters to improve the order in which the text is presented
- Carefully rewrite and revise segments of text to improve readability, flow of information and presentation (with the author’s permission)
- Incorporate responses to queries and suggestions, creating a new draft of the document
- Help to cross-check significant references or non-fiction elements for consistency/accuracy
Cost: $0.02 per word with a $250 minimum
Request a Quote and a Free Sample Edit
Submit the form below to request your free sample edit and a quote for our editing services.
Meet Our Editor
Ryan graduated Georgia Southern University with a B.A. in Writing and Linguistics in 2012. Throughout his coursework he participated in numerous writing and editing workshops, in which he honed his ability to work with authors to develop successful pieces. He also worked as a writing tutor at GSU's writing center and his own writing earned him a nomination for the Harbuck Scholarship, which recognizes excellence in writing.
Ryan is an author himself and is very passionate about literature. He is currently working on writing a sci-fi novel.