Interior Book Design and Layout
About Our Book Design Services
You put a lot of time and effort into writing your book and the look of your book's interior should reflect that. Let us use our expertise to create a well-designed layout for your book that you can be proud of.
We design books in a wide range of genres including novels, non-fiction, poetry, illustrated children's books, cookbooks, and more. From simple novels to complex designs, we can create a layout suited to your book's needs and your budget.
Book layout options
- For authors on a tight budget who still want a professional design. With our Core service you chose from a one of our four book design styles for your book layout.
- Our Pro option offers a more unique design that is tailored to your book. We start with a design consultation then provide a series of concepts for your review and feedback.
- For books that contain:
images with text wrap
sidebars / pull quotes
complex tables or lists
charts / graphs
Complex books require a custom quote. Contact us using the button below or call us at 770-642-6400.
For Self-Publishing Authors
- Need more than an interior book design? We offer three different self-publishing packages that include:
editing / proofreading
and much more!
What you get
- The design of the entire interior of your book, including the title page, copyright page, front matter sections (dedication, acknowledgments, etc.), table of contents, chapter pages, and back matter sections, such as an about the author page
- Drop caps and ormamentation at no extra charge
- The abilty to communicate directly with your book's designer
- A print-ready PDF of your book's completed interior layout
- Fifteen text revisions after the review of the formatted draft
We are familiar with the guidelines of all the popular print-on-demand (PoD) printers such as Lightning Source, IngramSpark, and CreateSpace, and will design your book to meet the specifications required by your printer.
All of our design work is done in-house by our staff; your book will not be outsourced to another company. We always take great care in creating the best design we can for your book and proudly display many of the books we have designed in our office lobby.
What type of book do you have?
- no images
- no block quotes
- no tables or lists
- no endnotes or footnotes
- block quotes
- chapter subheadings
- simple tables or lists
- images with text wrap
- sidebars / pull quotes
- complex tables or lists
- charts / graphs
Complex books need our Premier level of service.
Send us a sample of your book's contents.
We will review it and and provide you with a quote.
How it works
1. Submit your order for the book design service that meets your needs. You will receive a book questionaire to fill out and send back to us along with your book's manuscript (preferably in Microsoft Word).
2. If you ordered our Pro or Premier service we will schedule a design consultation with you. After our design consult we will provide you with your sample layouts for review and approval.
3. Your book will be fully formatted and your draft will be sent for your review. If changes or corrections are needed we will make them for you and send you a new draft. You may request up to 15 text changes after reviewing your draft at no additional charge. Additional text changes are $1 each.
4. Once the draft is approved we will provide you with a PDF file that is ready to send to your printer.