While it would be great if we could provide everything you need to self-publish a book there are some things you will need to do elsewhere. Below are links to other websites you will need during the self-publishing process.
ISBN, Copyright, LCCN
- ISBN.org - The US ISBN Agency, Bowker. This is where you go to purchase ISBNs for your book.
- Copyright.gov - The US Copyright Office, you can register your copyright through this website.
- Library of Congress - follow this link to sign up to get your LCCN for your book. See our FAQ page regarding LCCNs.
Book Printers and Distributors
- Lightning Source - a popular print-on-demand (POD) printer and book distributor that is owned by Ingram.
- CreateSpace - a POD printer owned by Amazon.com
- Kindle Direct Publishing - create an account here to be able to sell your eBooks through Amazon for the Kindle.
- PubIt - Barnes and Noble's portal that allows you to submit your eBook to be sold on the Nook.
- iTunes Connect - the first step in getting an account that will enable you to sell your eBooks in the Apple's iBookstore on the iPad.